Exit counseling is required when you graduate, leave school, or drop below half-time enrollment. Exit counseling provides important information that you need to prepare to repay your federal student loan(s).
The OFAS will not be hosting in-person Exit Counseling workshops.
If you are a Spring and Summer 2022 graduate, you must complete exit counseling online. Please follow the steps outlined below.
What you need:
- A computer and internet access to studentaid.gov
- FSA ID username and password
- Complete information for three references who will know your whereabouts for the next few years
Steps to complete exit counseling:
- Watch the "Loan Exit Counseling Tutorial"
- Complete exit counseling
- Your checklist will be updated within 72 hours upon completing exit counseling online.
Why do we need this information?
Federal Student Aid requests this information strictly to help contact student borrowers when they cannot contact students at the address or phone number on file. Neither Federal Student Aid nor any other agency will discuss your loan information, personal information, or any other details with anyone other than you, the borrower.