About Your Student Account
UC Merced's Student Billing & Cashiering Services maintains students' university accounts and issues student refunds and student bills electronically. Since you will be responsible for making sure that your university bills are paid on time each term, you should monitor your student account, check your balance frequently and become familiar with the way your financial aid appears on your account. If you would like to view your student account for up-to-date information, log in to view your MyBill.
Financial Aid and Your Account
Any financial aid you receive that is administered by the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (e.g., scholarships, grants, and loans) will appear on your account and will be applied directly to your institutional charges.
- Financial aid disbursements will appear as a credit on your UC Merced student account no sooner than 10 days prior to the first day for the term
- Aid will apply towards any outstanding eligible charges such as tuition, fees*, and on-campus housing, if applicable.
- Some types of aid may only be used for certain types of charges (e.g., Cal grant funds are for tuition and fees only). This may mean that you have charges remaining on your account, even if you have received a refund.
- Financial aid refund checks are disbursed after your fees* and any other eligible charges on your UC Merced student billing account are paid. Refunds are issued and processed by our Student Billing & Cashiering Services. Please contact Student Billing & Cashiering Services for questions regarding your refund.
- Expenses such as books, which are included in your estimated financial aid budget, do not appear on your account statement as they are indirect costs. You can use the funds received in a refund to help pay these costs.
- Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized, Unsubsidized and PLUS) payments applied to your account will be lower than the amounts listed on your award notice because the origination fees are deducted.
- For more guidance on your UC Merced Account, please click here.
*The tuition, fees, and charges posted here are estimates based on currently approved amounts. These figures may not be final. Actual tuition, fees, and charges are subject to change by the Regents of the University of California and could be affected by State funding reductions. Accordingly, final approved levels (and thus a student’s final balance due) may differ from the amounts shown.