Skip to content
Skip to navigation
DREAM Loan details
- The DREAM loan is a low-interest subsidized loan.
- The interest rate changes annually on July 1st of the new academic year.
- Interest will not accrue as long as you're enrolled at least half time at UC Merced.
- Once you graduate or are no longer enrolled at least half time, you will have a 6-month grace period before repayment begins.
- Undocumented AB 540 undergraduates who:
- Have financial need
- Are enrolled at least half-time at UC Merced
Obtaining a DREAM Loan
- Apply for financial aid by completing a CA Dream Act application every year.
- If you are awarded a dream loan you will need to complete the dream loan Master Promissory Note (MPN), using the SSN or ITIN listed on your UC application. This requirement will be added to your student checklist after you accept the loan.
- Check your UC Merced email frequently for updates from our office.
- Be sure to use the SSN or ITIN listed on your UC application when completing any requirements for your DREAM loan.
- Information about the DREAM loan can be found at Heartland ECSI’s website. You can visit their website at https://www.heartlandecsi.com/
- You will complete your loan requirements on your ECSI account.
- You will make your payments through your ECSI account.