How to Apply for Aid
You are hereHome › How to Apply for Aid
If you think you might need financial assistance in order to attend UC Merced, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS) encourages you to apply for financial aid by the deadline dates listed on the website. You may apply before you accept admission or enroll. To find out how, follow the links on the How to Apply for Aid menu. If you have questions, do not hesitate to contact the OFAS.
Tips on Making the Application Process Run Smoothly
- Apply for aid early, read everything the office of financial aid and scholarships sends to you and respond quickly to any request for additional documents. To be considered for all types of financial aid for which you are eligible, apply by the application deadlines.
- Maintain a file of your financial aid materials.
- We encourage you to get an email account, if you don't already have one. UC Merced communicates with students via email and it is the easiest way to receive important information from us and other campus offices.
- After you have been admitted and you have a My.UCMerced.edu account, use it to:
- Keep your current and permanent contact information up-to-date. We will send important notices to your UC Merced email.
- View your MyChecklist and complete any and all requests by deadlines listed.
- If you have questions, contact Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
- How to Apply
- Types of Aid
- Receiving Your Aid
- Contact Us