Renewing Your Aid
Continuing students must reapply for financial aid each year by renewing your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) no later than March 2 each year. If you have a 3.0 GPA or above at the end of the previous fall term, you should also complete the Continuing Student Scholarship Application by March 2 to be considered for UC Merced scholarships.
If the following conditions remain constant from one year to the next, it is likely that you will receive similar financial aid packages (awards) throughout your degree program:
- None of your awards are limited to only one year.
- Your family's financial situation remains similar each year. (Dramatic changes in income, marital status, or number of family members, or a change in the number of siblings enrolled in college will affect your eligibility for aid.)
- The federal, state and institutional funding of financial aid programs remains similar.
- You submit the appropriate application materials by the required deadlines (e.g., FAFSA, March 2; Continuing Student Scholarship Application, March 2; and Verification Documents, June 1.)
- You report accurate information (income, assets, etc.) on your FAFSA.
- You continue to meet the enrollment level and Satisfactory Academic Progress requirements.
- How to Apply
- Types of Aid
- Receiving Your Aid
- Contact Us