Graduate Students

Graduate Students

The majority of financial aid available to graduate students is administered by the Graduate Division and/or the individual schools. However, the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships administers graduate student loans.

Graduate students who submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) are automatically considered for the following student loans:

Students may also be eligible for the following loan programs:

Alternative Payment Options

UC Merced offers a Deferred Payment Plan (DPP) that allows students to pay their balance in three monthly installments per semester. Visit Student Business Services for information about the deferred payment plan.

How to Apply for Financial Aid

Complete and submit a FAFSA each year between Jan. 1 and March 2 and visit the Graduate Division website for information on fellowships, assistantships and other forms of financial aid.

Cost of Attendance

Listed below are the 2015-2016 standard costs of attendance for graduate California residents:
Tuition/Fees* $12,877
Health Insurance $2,130
Room and Board $12,700
Books and Supplies $1,500
Personal Expenses $1,884
Transportation $1,650
TOTAL COST $32,741
 *Tuition/Fees are subject to legislative and gubernatorial action and therefore, may change without notice. Non-California residents pay additional $15,102.00 in non-resident Tuition/Fees.