All current undergraduate students must reapply for financial aid each year.
On This Page
Continuing Students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year to be considered for all forms of financial aid (including scholarships). Complete the FAFSA online using your Federal Student Aid Identification (FSA ID) by March 2. If you or your parents have not completed a federal tax return when you fill out the FAFSA, you may use estimated tax data on the FAFSA. However, be sure to make corrections to your FAFSA once the tax returns are complete. It is important to list your full, correct name and to use information from the correct federal income tax return (1040EZ, 1040A or 1040). Also, be sure to include your housing plans and list Federal School Code 041271 on your FAFSA, so that a copy of your results will be sent to UC Merced. If you don't have a FSA ID, request one here. [top]
The Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships (OFAS) administers a number of scholarship funds designed to benefit undergraduate students. These scholarships are provided through the generosity of the university, UC alumni, friends of UC Merced, corporations, businesses and professional associations. To be considered for scholarships, continuing students must have at least a 3.0 cumulative GPA as of the end of the prior fall semester and must submit a FAFSA and a Continuing Student Scholarship Application by March 2. The Continuing Student Scholarship Application is available online beginning Feb. 1 each year. [top]
- March 2: The new FAFSA is available on Jan. 1 each year and must be submitted by March 2 to be considered for all forms of financial aid at UC Merced. Be sure to list UC Merced's FAFSA Code 041271 so that your FAFSA is routed correctly.
- March 2: The Continuing Student Scholarship Application is available Feb. 1 each year and must be submitted by March 2. [top]
- June 1: The OFAS will contact students by email if they are required to submit additional documents (such as dependent verification worksheet, tax return transcript, etc.) for the purpose of verification of the information submitted on the FAFSA. If you are selected for verification, all documents must be submitted by June 1 or some forms of financial aid are subject to cancelation. (Students may sign in to My.UCMerced.edu and view the MyChecklist for a list of requirements). For more information, visit the verification process page. [top]
To apply for summer financial aid, students must:
- Complete a FAFSA for the most recent academic year (i.e., a 2014-15 FAFSA for Summer 2015), if you haven't already done so.
- Complete the Summer Financial Aid Web Application. The Summer Financial Aid Web Application is available beginning March 1st of each year.
- Comply with any requests for additional information. [top]
Please visit summer session aid for more information.
- How to Apply
- Types of Aid
- Receiving Your Aid
- Contact Us